Attending hours: Monday from 10am to 1pm
What is Bilingual Plan?
This speciality is based on a progressive and intensified teaching of the English language as well as its didactics. Thus, the Bilingual Plan within the Degree in Primary Education offers students the opportunity to deepen in the learning and teaching of the English language as well as preparing them to teach any of the areas of the curriculum in English as an increasing demand in Primary Education schools nowadays.
The syllabus presents a progressive introduction into the English language with two levels of intensity:
- First and Second years: In these two years students are offered subjects partially taught in English. With this gradual introduction, students get familiar with the vocabulary and kind of discourse specific within each field as well as improving their English language skills, specially the receptive ones.
- Third and Fourth years: In the second part of the degree, students are offered specific subjects in English. Practicum and the Final Degree Assignment are also included within these credits.
English ECTS 2023-24
|1st academic year|
|100862||Developmental Psychology||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100866||Sociology of education||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100855||Fostering sociolinguistic competence||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100877||Numbering, calculation and measurement||1st semester||1,8 out of 6 ECTS|
|100863||Educational psychology||2nd semester||6 ECTS|
|100867||Family and the school||2nd semester||3 ECTS|
|2nd academic year|
|100986||Space and form||1st semester||1,8 out of 6 ECTS|
|100879||Introduction to English language and teaching English||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100872||Tutorial action in Primary Education||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100883||Visual arts||2nd semester||4,2 out of 6 ECTS|
|100871||Educational processes and contexts||2nd semester||6 ECTS|
|100987||School placement I||2nd semester||6 ECTS|
|3rd academic year|
|100988||Learning of Experimental Sciences I||1st semester||1,8 out of 6 ECTS|
|100882||Integrated projects in English Language||1st semester||3 ECTS|
|100884||Didactics of Visual arts||1st semester||2,1 out of 3 ECTS|
|100889||School placement II||1st semester||14 ECTS|
|100874||Learning of Experimental Sciences II||2nd semester||6 ECTS|
|100875||Didactics of Social Sciences||2nd semester||3 out of 6 ECTS|
|4th academic year|
|100897||English language and culture for the Primary Education classroom||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100898||Didactics and curricular design of the English language||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100899||Language and Content Integrated Learning (CLIL) in the Primary Education||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100970||Children's literature in English for the Primary Education classroom||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100971||Digital creativity in learning the English language||1st semester||6 ECTS|
|100890||School placement III||2nd semester||24 ECTS|
|100891||Final dissertation||2nd semester||6 ECTS|
Minor in English
- Selective subjects:
1. Language and Culture in English in the Primary Education Classroom (6 ECTS)
2. Curricular didactics and design in Primary Education (6 ECTS)
3. Content and Language Integrated Learning in Primary Education (6 ECTS)
4. Children's Literature in English in the Primary Education Classroom (6 ECTS)
5. Digital Creativity in the English language classroom (6 ECTS)
- School placement III (24 ECTS)
- Final dissertation (6 ECTS)
Assistance to students in the Bilingual Plan
- Students that are interested in being part of the Bilingual Plan will count on a person who will give them information and advise over the enrolment days.
- These students will have the possibility of participating in the courses organised by the Faculty in the Summer University for the promotion of the English language.
- Through collaborative agreements established with the Linguistic Service at UdL, students within the Bilingual Plan will also be offered courses which will be compatible with their timetable.
- Finally, students within the Bilingual Plan will have the support of the tutors from Pla Nèstor over the four years of the Degree. The tutors will be Professors within the same degree.